Crash victim says Prince Philip is right to give up driving

FILE - In this Friday, Oct. 12, 2018 file photo, Britain's Prince Philip waits for the bridal procession following the wedding of Princess Eugenie of York and Jack Brooksbank in St George's Chapel, Windsor Castle, near London, England. Buckingham Palace said Saturday Feb. 9, 2019, that 97-year-old Prince Philip has decided to stop driving, less than a month after he was involved in a collision that left two women injured. (AP Photo/Alastair Grant, Pool, File)

LONDON — A woman who was injured in a car accident involving Prince Philip says the roads will be safer now that the 97-year-old royal has given up his driver's license.

Buckingham Palace says Philip, the husband of Queen Elizabeth II, has voluntarily surrendered his license "after careful consideration."

Emma Fairweather, who suffered a broken wrist in the Jan. 17 accident, told the Sunday Mirror newspaper that "it's the right thing to do. Undoubtedly the roads will be safer now."

Philip was behind the wheel of a Land Rover near the royal family's Sandringham estate in eastern England when he smashed into another car. Fairweather and the woman driving the car were injured but a 9-month-old baby was not.

Prosecutors say they will consider Philip's decision as they decide whether to charge him in the crash.

People also read these

Communist Party will regulate China's media, film...

Mar 23, 2018

The Communist Party is taking direct control of China's broadcasters and will regulate everything...

China blocks John Oliver on social media after...

Jun 22, 2018

A popular Chinese social media site is blocking users from posting about "Last Week Tonight" and...

Shanghai Shenhua accuses Changchun Yatai player...

Aug 5, 2018

Chinese Superleague team Shanghai Shenhua has accused an opposing player of racially abusing its...

Andy Hui apologizes after taxi camera captures...

Apr 17, 2019

A tearful Hong Kong celebrity Andy Hui has apologized after a newspaper published footage of his...

The Latest: Concerts canceled over Hong Kong...

Aug 13, 2019

At least three concerts by overseas performers have been canceled in Hong Kong as protesters forced...

About Us

Frontal Report is an emerging leader in all forms of media. We aim to be the leading news brand for readers around the world.

Contact us: sales[at]frontalreport.com

Subscribe Now!